28 May 2010

on the 28th of May 2005

I married my best friend! I love my husband even more today than I did five years ago when we made our vows.  In honor of our first "major" anniversary I made a lovely breakfast.  I used our wedding china, some anniversary presents and lots of little memories to decorate the table.  I'm going to enter this post in the 92nd Tablescapes Thursday over at Between Naps on the Porch




The "je t'aime" espresso cups were from our three year anniversary trip to St. Louis.  I found them at Sur La Table.  The china is the Lenox Solitaire pattern, which was also my mother's china pattern.  Our sterling is Grande Baroque, by Wallace.  (Kevin finished out my 3rd place setting this anniversary, thanks babe!)
The crystal pattern is Queen Anne, I can't remember the maker.


I found the candlesticks and the vase at an estate sale in a small town in Oklahoma.  The little felt heart was my first attempt at hand sewing. The deer salt and pepper shakers are from our "babymoon" when we went to Big Cedar Lodge last October.  The roses are the first ones from my garden.


I found these lovely napkins at an estate sale in Oklahoma city. Remember, I told you my affection for all things "Valentine" in a previous post.

I can't remember where the tablecloth is from, I think maybe my mother bought it and gave it to me.


I sure do love setting a pretty table.

11 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Adorable! I love your Valentine napkins. And smart girl to have the same china pattern as your mother. You can trade pieces for large parties! Your table is adorable!

FLOWERSHOPGURL said...

Happy 5TH Wedding Anniversary. Your table looks so beautiful, I love your china with your estate vase and candlesticks!
Hugz,
Kim

VeganCraftastic said...

You set a lovely table, those napkins are adorable! Happy anniversary too :)

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Aw, so sweet of you to make this special occasion well, special! Congrats on your wedding anniversary - I married my best friend, too! Enjoyed my first visit to your blog and will be following!

Mimi said...

Happy anniversary...your table is so pretty.

Sarah Ridgley said...

Thanks for all your kind words. We had a great day!

Sarah B. said...

Simply lovely! And congratulations on five years :)

Stash said...

gorgeous colors! I must show my sister who is planning her wedding for next spring.

Lemonade Girl said...

Simply fabulous! Now, when can I come over for high tea? Before or after we hit the pool?

Sharon said...

Beautiful table setting! Congrats on the anniversary.

Estylo Jewelry said...

Happy Anniversary!! Love how you set the table!