12 July 2010

You bought WHAT?!

On Saturday Kevin and I made our largest auction purchase ever. We bough a new house!! Kevin had never even seen the property until about an hour before we bought it. I had looked it over a few days earlier and was totally smitten. Now we are scrambling to get some last minute repairs done to our current house before we put it on the market. I've already packed a few boxes! I had a little bit of a panic attack on Sunday, but today I am just gearing up to get 'er done.

The house we purchased has great bones, but needs a lot of work before we can move in. It is an orange brick house that was built in the early 20s. It has a formal dining room, large kitchen with breakfast area, huge conservatory, 4 bedrooms and upstairs sunroom, several bathrooms (including one with a sink and shower but no toilet??) and my favorite part: an enormous workshop. It's so big we can park our cars and I can still have a studio three times the size of the one I have now. I'm already planning to buy a few new presses!!

Our New House


Our first order of business will be removing wallpaper (multiple layers) from every room. I'm afraid this is going to take weeks! If you have any tips on how to remove it quickly, please let me know. I will post more pictures soon!

2 comments:

Crooked Sister said...

Wow! Congrats on your new purchase! The house looks and sounds amazing. Oh what I would give for a bigger studio space!

Katy Weaver said...

Use your steamer on the wallpaper! I noticed the garage is bigger than my entire house, lol!